Get ready to meet your new favorite sandwich, the Jalapeno Grilled Cheese. Packed with cream cheese, pickled jalapenos, cheddar cheese, jalapeno jelly and crispy bacon.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
You know you’re going to have a good day when you have this Jalapeno Grilled Cheese in front of you. It’s basically a jalapeno popper in sandwich form and there’s just nothing bad about that.
What Goes Into a Jalapeno Grilled Cheese?
You’re going to need the following ingredients for your grilled cheese:
You just know that’s going to be good.
How to Make a Jalapeno Grilled Cheese
This Jalapeno Grilled Cheese starts with (preferably) sourdough bread. It’s really the best bread ever in my opinion. You can use whatever you prefer for grilled cheese.
Spread one slice of bread with jalapeno jelly first. It’s usually easy to find with the jams and jellies in any grocery store. If you can’t find any or want to make your own, my jalapeno jelly is super simple and totally delicious.
Next comes even more jalapeno flavor. Mix together softened cream cheese with chopped pickled jalapenos and some of the jalapeno juice from the jar. Spread that goodness on the other piece of bread.
Add a slice of sharp cheddar cheese on each piece of bread that has jalapeno jelly on it then add some crispy bacon. Sandwich the bad boy together and spread the outside with softened butter.
Cook to golden perfection over low heat to ensure that the cheddar melts and the cream cheese gets all ooey gooey.
If you want things even spicier, you can use slices of pepper jack in place of the sharp cheddar.
You could add some shredded chicken to make it more substantial and filling. Or, ya know, more bacon.
I tested the sandwich with and without the jalapeno jelly and it was delicious both ways. The jelly adds a delicious sweet and spicy situation that I really love with the cream cheese and pickled jalapenos.
But if you can’t find jalapeno jelly you can definitely go ahead without it and you’ll still have tasty results.
You are definitely going to be the new favorite person in your household. Just saying.
More Recipes Featuring Jalapenos:
Jalapeno Grilled Cheese
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 Tbsp. jalapeno juice (from the jar)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno jelly
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 Tbsp. softened butter
- Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat. In a small bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, pickled jalapenos and jalapeno juice. Spread onto 2 slices of bread. Spread the jalapeno jelly on the other two slices of bread.
- Top the bread that has the jalapeno jelly with cheddar cheese then layer each with two slices of bacon. Top each with the cream cheese covered bread slices. Spread sandwich with softened butter. Place in hot skillet and cook until golden on each side and the cheese is melted.